Wednesday, July 20, 2011

beach essentials! Wish you were here :)



-->
If you ask me it just doesn't seem fair that summer only gets a pathetic three months out of an entire year. We work, we pay lame bills, we spend too much time not sleeping...so when those precious three months finally arrive life takes a turn for the better. The food tastes fresher, the sun feels hotter, and the music sounds sweeter, but the one thing that makes summertime all the more glorious is taking time off of life to go to the beach. And who doesn't love the beach?! Life is good with tan lines and sunglasses :)
So finally summer has arrived in my life and in about 5 days time, after months of toiling away in my studies and work, my family will be packing our bags and heading to the beach in North Carolina for a week long vacation and I can’t wait!

Here is a list of some of the most important things I am bringing with me:

My super awesome beach bag- I love mine and I was inspired to buy it by my older sister who has this awesome straw bag that she got from j crew (my sisters bag is pictured below)...

My Swimsuit- this year I decided to invest some money in a really good suit that is not only flattering but super adorable!

My floppy hat-you didn't expect me to go to the beach without the perfect floppy hat did you?! ...I didn't think so! What kind of fashionista hopeful would I be if i didn't wide brim things up Audrey Hepburn style?! So here is a link to some really cute and inexpensive hats from my favorite store, Target:
http://www.target.com/s?keywords=floppy+hats&searchN
odeID=1038576|1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0
My sunglasses- over-sized and colorful no less! I have two pairs that I am bringing. One has black lenses for sun protection and the other are pink tinted for adorableness :)
www.forever21.com The perfect maxi-dress- I used to be very opposed to these dresses because they are SO long and usually very unflattering but in recent years they have become really beautiful, elegant, and sexy as far as beach apparel is concerned. I love that they cover up my not so favorite areas and still showcase my tan! Another fun plus to a good maxi dress is how versatile it is, just add a cool necklace and some fun dangling earrings and call it evening wear. I got mine at tj maxx LOVE IT!

Finally:
My iPod-see one of my earlier posts "summer playlist" for details. I love music and for me its something that is not only fun but makes sense and makes my life feel more complete. Just don't ask me to play any instruments unless you want your ear drums to burst...
I hope you enjoyed my beachy keen post as much as I enjoyed writing it! Remember to follow me and pass it along! As always, your comments are always welcome! :)

...oh...the sunblock, can't forget the sunblock.


2 comments:

  1. Check...check...check!!!
    I got all those items, so I'm good to go hehehehhe
    Can't wait any longer...4 DAYS!!!!!!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am SO excited! :D love you too!

    ReplyDelete