Friday, July 1, 2011

...summer playlist! turn up the iPod, put the windows down and let the wind blow through your hair!

They say music can impact your mood, and I believe that to be true in every way and I know I'm not alone. To me, summer is made up of the precious few (and annoyingly brief) 3 months of the year where I can finally kick back, relax, and enjoy myself so why not have fun dance-along music to make me enjoy that time all the more? Sit back, grab some sweet tea, a towel, and an iPod and head for the beach (or in my case my grassy front yard), and listen along with me as I divulge my top 40 (yes 40) newest must-haves, favorite oldie but goodies, and embarrassing go to's.
  1. Wipe Out by Surfaris
  2. Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
  3. California Girls by The Beach Boys
  4. Rolling in the Deep by Adele
  5. Dancing in the Streets by Martha & The Vandellas
  6. Kiss the Girl from The Little Mermaid
  7. I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
  8. Tiny Dancer by Elton John
  9. Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
  10. Yellow by Coldplay
  11. California Girls (the other one) by Katy Perry
  12. Kids by MGMT
  13. My Girl by The Temptations
  14. You Make Me Feel by Aretha Franklin
  15. The Girl by City and Colour
  16. Shark in the Water by V.V. Brown
  17. Beautiful Day by U2
  18. Man, I Feel Like a Woman by Shania Twain
  19. I'm Gonna Be by The Proclaimers
  20. Viva la Vida by Coldplay
  21. Wouldn't it be Nice by The Beach Boys
  22. Float On by Modest Mouse
  23. Don't Go Breakin' My Heart by Elton John
  24. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
  25. Rain on Your Parade by Duffy
  26. Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood
  27. Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble
  28. A Kiss to Build a Dream On by Louis Armstrong
  29. Gimme That Girl by Joe Nichols
  30. Wind it Up by Gwen Stephani
  31. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus-I know, I know... but its a fun one!
  32. Boy With a Coin by Iron and Wine
  33. Like a G6 by Far East Movement
  34. Bennie and the Jets by Elton John
  35. Glass of Water by Coldplay
  36. We Found Each Other in the Dark by City and Colour
  37. We're Young and Beautiful by Carrie Underwood
  38. Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake
  39. Vienna by Billy Joel
  40. Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
This list took a good amount of time to develop and I am sure I left out a few good ones, but thats what you're here for isn't it? If you think I need to add some or you have your own list you'd like to share let me know! As always, I enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you and if you feel like you are having fun reading my posts and want to share with your friends, please do! The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment